WARMS encourages all forms of radio controlled model flying, that is fixed wing, multirotors and helicopter. We have over 100 members and believe that we have one of the best, dedicated model flying sites in Western Australia.
We are a comparatively informal club tending towards general sports flying. While our members have diverse interests in the hobby including aerobatics, scale, FPV, gliding etc we don't have dedicated times for specific flying styles nor do we generally hold competitions,
Members fly at all times of the week but the most popular times are Saturday, Tuesday and Friday mornings.
"Napier Field" is located in Henderson, Western Australia. See the contacts page for a map,
The property is leased as part of a recreational reserve within the Beeliar Regional Park managed by the WA Department of Parks Wildlife. As such it is nestled within a natural bush setting just meters from Cockburn Sound.
The property is also home to the West Oz Quarter Scale Speedway.
Members have 24x7 access to the field and clubroom facilities.
- A spacious club room with tea & coffee making facilities and toilets
- A canteen operating on Saturday mornings offering low cost burgers, breakfasts, chips & drinks
- A charge shed with a 12v rail and 240v outlets
- Covered assembly area
- A large covered pits area with large starting benches
- A large, bitumen runway
- Shaded flight line
- A resident caretaker
- Free training by qualified MAAA instructors (See our Training page for details)
- WARMS currently has two members endorsed as large model inspectors
- Weekly build and repair nights - see CFI for details